As a global enterprise with more than 7,500 employees, Akima’s capabilities include delivering agile, trusted solutions to the federal government.
Akima is more than one company. We are a portfolio of 8(a) companies, small businesses, and other operating organizations that are specialized and nimble—two qualities that allow us to respond quickly to our customer’s unique needs. At any given time, the Akima portfolio of companies is performing on contracts in 43 states and 17 countries and territories.
- Facilities, Maintenance & Repair
- Information Technology
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Protective Services
- Systems Engineering
- Mission Support
- Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment
As a subsidiary of NANA, an Alaska Native Corporation owned by more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders, Akima’s core mission is to enable superior outcomes for our customers’ missions while simultaneously creating a long-lived asset for NANA consistent with our Iñupiat values.
Akima’s commitment to our Iñupiat shareholders extends beyond the typical financial relationship; we strive to complement their lives with occupational and educational opportunities as well as social and cultural preservation programs.
Working with Akima
We offer customers streamlined procurement solutions through a wide variety of government-wide acquisition contract vehicles, basic ordering agreements, and agency-specific IDIQs, as well as the option of direct/sole-source contracts through our 8(a) companies.
- SBA may award a direct award contract (commonly referred to as a sole source) to an 8(a) participant owned and controlled by an ANC [13 CFR 124.506(b)]
- Quick, smooth transition to full contract operations typically in 30 to 60 days
- No J&A required for awards up to $100 million (DoD) and up to $25 million (federal civilian) [FAR 6.302-5(b)(4) and Class
- Deviation 2020 –O0009]
- Limited potential for award protest [13 CFR 124.517(a)]
- Small Disadvantaged Business Credits [13 CFR 124.109(a)(4)]
- Negotiated fair price
Akima is a global enterprise comprised of more than 40 small businesses, 8(a) companies, and operating organizations that deliver a broad range of solutions and products to the federal government. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, our portfolio of companies is dedicated to delivering superior outcomes for our customers’ missions while simultaneously creating a long-lived asset for our Iñupiat shareholders.