Behind the Scenes, So You Can Focus on The Frontlines
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS) supports vital government missions with the most demanding and specialized skill sets in the world.
Interested in applying for a position at Sandia or Oak Ridge National Labs?
Since its inception, AIS has provided mission support services to more than 100,000 military personnel, retirees, family members, government service personnel, and contractors across the U.S.
The AIS team employs a highly diverse workforce across multiple directorates in support of the Department of Energy.
From our work with the Department of Energy to the U.S. military, we deliver long lasting value to all of our customers. Explore our work.
As an operating company wholly owned by an Alaska Native Corporation, AIS is your strategic partner for obtaining hard-to-find, highly skilled personnel for DOE programs of any size. We source and hire for full time, part time, exempt, non-exempt, cleared and un-cleared positions on very short notice. So whether you’re seeking someone in advanced science, nuclear engineering or business and administration, we’ll provide the most qualified personnel.
Today’s missions are complex, global and subject to continuous change. They require an unprecedented array of specialized services across technical, managerial and administrative domains. Placing this talent where it’s needed, when it’s needed—anywhere in the world—is a key to achieving readiness, resource optimization and desired mission outcomes. This is exactly what AIS delivers, every time. AIS has been providing staff augmentation services in support of Department of Energy (DOE) missions since 2010. We have successfully provided some of the most demanding and specialized skill sets in the world.
- Facility Operations
- Construction & Operations Support
- Ground Maintenance
- Environment, safety & occupational health
- Maintenance & Repair
Distance Learning Platforms
AIS combines the most contemporary and innovative graphical, textual and interactivity conventions, courseware, instructional strategies and performance evaluation models with the industry’s finest training development professionals. The result: the highest quality, most flexible and affordable Distance Learning platforms available to military and civilian organizations today.
- Front End Analysis: A detailed and highly-collaborative process that defines a training program’s baseline while creating a work breakdown structure that ensures streamlined, affordable and successful learning.
- Design: A courseware design and implementation blueprint that addresses every stage of the instructional program’s development.
- Development & Implementation: AIS artists, technical writers, media specialists and courseware programmers assist the instructional designers in creating the various activities as dictated in the design and implementation “blueprint.”
- Levels of Interactivity: Passive, Limited Participation, Complex Participation and Real Time Participation. AIS works closely with the customer to carefully align the level of interactivity with learning needs, objective and budget.
- Continuous Evaluation: AIS personnel conduct continuous evaluation beginning at implementation of the training and continue throughout the lifecycle of the course.
codes & numbers
- UEI Number: THKMTL8UHJK8
- DUNS Number: 363701553
- CAGE Code: 41VU9
- Primary NAICS: 561210 – Facilities Support Services
For additional NAICS codes, please visit http://sam.gov
Ensuring we can meet DOE requirements, no matter the ask
Top Secret Clearance
Demonstrating our eligibility to support classified missions
You can look around, but you won’t find another company like us. We are Akima. Come join us.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Diverse Workforce
- Professional Development
2553 Dulles View Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
6501 Americas Pkwy
Albuquerque, NM 87110
800 Oak Ridge Turnpike
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact Recruiting Services at:
Employment verification is handled by The Work Number. Please click the link below and use the employer code 19221.
In instances where you believe violations of policies or standards have occurred, please contact us using the ethics hotline.